Monday 17 March 2014

Typography Katie Daisy






 I've always loved hand lettering so I'm excited to have he chance to combine it with my illustration for my Summer Show poster, the ultimate hand lettered hand painted illustrator is Katie Daisy I love her work, I'm extremely envious, her work is so beautiful and she knows what colours work and what compositions work! Her typography is also clear, and readable, something that I need to remember, as a poster it needs to be clear, the lettering needs to be clear, and like last year I used decorated lettering but it was still clear enough to read. I also need to decided what quote I'm going to use, it needs to intrigue, and generalise what the summer show is about. 
 Another really cute little painting from Katie Daisy. 
 
And amazingly she's done her own version of the Day of the Dead sugar skulls! She's made this skull look pretty friendly which is something I need to concentrate on doing! This needs to describe a celebration not a sadness!


No comments:

Post a Comment