Monday 3 March 2014

AD 33 Artist Research Rebecca Green

Rebecca Green is a freelance illustrator, gallery artist and stop-motion dabbler. Hey clients consist of Wall Street Journal, Flow Magazine, Thriving Family, Minnesota Monthly, Kendall College of Art and Design, Amtrak, Bitch Magazine, CraftSanity Magazine, Grand Rapids Community College, and Sparrows Coffee Tea and Newsstand. Rebecca Green reminds me to keep the idea of creating children's illustration, hers are so stylized and beautiful. Her images are so detailed and imaginative which must be inspiring for children to observe and read.  She inspires me to use colours, as some times I'm afraid that my colour choice doesn't work, and then I try to just work in black and white and slowly introduce colour. I love the texture is creates with the traditional techniques she uses.
Her work can be found at www.myblankpaper.com above is a poster for a festival, accompanied with lovely hand letters text. it really compliments her work.I love the colours and the characters she creates, they are wonderful! This way of working is differently out of my comfort zone, and I have tried to produce childrens book illustrations before with background but I found it hard creating a composition. But I do love it though, and I differently get inspired by what I see with Greens work.


No comments:

Post a Comment