Tuesday 4 March 2014

Project IDEA 3 Wedding Drifwood Signs

After completing a small driftwood commission last module I remembered how much i enjoy painting sea wood. I adore the entire process, going to the beach and collecting the wood after a high tide or storm (which there has been a lot of lately) bringing it home and waiting for it to dry (even drying it in my car, which turns out to be a very good place to dry driftwood, just creates a lot of moisture in my car, which isn't so great) then after its dried fully, sanding down them down until they are extremely smooth with no risk of getting any splinters! Then working out the dimensions of the lettering and finding something extremely cute and cuooshy to paint on it, then the best bit- painting. After painting let it dry and varnish it then its all done!
My cousin is getting married this year and has asked me to make some driftwood signs for a wedding, that might have marriagey quotes painted on or they may be used for giving directions to the 'dance floor' or 'toilet'. I thought it could be a good project to include and as I would like to add driftwood to my portfolio would be a good idea to create a big project to give me some space to complete a lovely set.

No comments:

Post a Comment