Monday 3 March 2014

AD 33 Artist Research Katie Daisy

Katie Daisy is a freelance illustrator who graduated in Minneapolis College of Art and Design in 2009. She mainly creates her work with watercolour and acrylic, which are one of my top techniques to use, which is why I really appreciated her work! The typography is beautifully formed with amazing colours, and flowers to accompany. Her clients consist of Target, Hallmark, American Greetings, Pottery Barn, Oopsy Daisy, Papyrus, Madison Park Greetings, Sellers Publishing, Orange Circle Studio, Studio M, Magnetworks, Paper Wings, Hay House Publishing. Katie Daisy's work can be brought as notebook covers, Card designs, wall art, iphone cases, tape designs and even t shirt designs. Her work communicates to a similar audience that I would like my work to. I would love to create artwork like this, and it reminds me to add a typography project into the next module because I really do enjoy it but always forget about it!It will help to add a different element to my portfolio.



 Katie Daisy's work can be found; www.katiedaisy.com, I also see the importance of photographing work like this instead of just scans of the work because it represents the work better, and also adding objects such as flowers can indicate for the viewer the size of the products. Her work is so intricate and cute, I really love it, its really inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment