Tuesday 4 March 2014

Project IDEA 1 Macmillan Prize

One of my ambitions is to complete a children's book, I've tried several times with smaller projects, but feel this could be the time to take it as a full project. I really want to because Children book illustration make me happy, and I know how rewarding they were reading when I was a child. And also they push me out of my comfort zone. There's this super cool element to children book illustrations which is really hard to grasp, and that is making your drawings look easy, effortless, like you just quickly squiggled it out on the bus, but they really work. Most are simple yet extremely fun and effective. I want to try to achieve this! So I feel this could be my chance. And also if you win you not only get a grand but get the soak in the rewards of being a Macmillan winner!
I think the brief is pretty open, so I could pretty much do my dream book! I would make it simple, a little story that might be adapted of something that happened to me when I was younger. Or just a simple story about something cute that would make kids smile. I teach kids to swim so maybe I could incorporate that too. I think the submission date is the 24th april, and you need to have submitted a 32 page illustrated book with hand lettered or tpyed words, obviously a great opportunity to use my hand lettering!

No comments:

Post a Comment