Thursday 24 April 2014

Animation Creation 3, walk cycle






I really felt like I was getting somewhere with this animation. All that I had learnt so far I used in this animation. I wanted to create a simple animation movement so that I could concentrate on detail. And I much preferred walking in blue. I research how to animate a walk cycle, learning where the bounce up and down were, where the feet land and are together on the floor at the same time, and even learning that we walk with opposite arm, opposite leg! Simple but useful information. So I started by sketching out the walk direct on to flash, then building up my sketches on different layers, till I finally had a final finished layer which I was happy with. And I didn't' need to create any in-between frames, just prolonged certain movements to help create the walk. I then decided to try and add sound to my walk, as when research animation sound was key to creating a fully interactive animation for eyes and ears.  I remember Thomas Knowler saying that you could get free sounds/music off line as long as you credit the creator. So I search a little and found 'footstep' sounds and a chirpy tune that I could add with it. So I managed to add footstep walks which help with the movement immediately and then introduced sound later on, which just made the pirate look super happy!
Which then made me super happy, and made me feel like all the learning and watching tutorials and continuous drawing was completely worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment