Monday 11 November 2013

Inspiration from a book

This Is a book that I got out from the library, and has got loads of cute and inspirational  childrens bookillustrations to look at for my work. My main aim now is to be simple, not necessarily with my characters but with the background because that's what I'm struggling with. 

I love these little characters by Marc Boutavant, they are just really simple but so fun and entertaining and do their job in telling a story. 

I absolutely love the little story and characters of Meng-chia Lai she just really captures the expressions and her use of limited colour is what I'm trying to achieve. She literally just adds a splash of colour for the orange later on in the story but everything else is black and white.
It's really helped me to focus on what I'm doing, now that I'm just working in black and white. And I'm enjoying the work again, I was worried for a bit that I would get that enjoyment back again and would have to suffer to the end with these pirates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment