Saturday 25 January 2014

Industry Research




  This would probably be one of my dream jobs, living in Cornwall, surfing, seeing the beautiful beaches everyday for inspiration and illustrating for someone like the Surf Girl Magazine. I researched this after looking at the Company magazines website and I must admit I got way more excited about this than I did for the idea of working for someone like Company. I definitely think I would really feel that's my Zine would be suitable to send in a promotion pack to any of the surf companies and my driftwood I feel I could include as well. Maybe sand a small piece down and hand paint it to send with my promo pack! Something they could hang up and was cute and small enough to keep but eye catching so they would keep looking at it and them hire me! Ha. I think that route would be more of an interest for me rather than the more fashion based route. 

This is one of Becky's prints, something that makes me inspired and jealous which is a good feeling and also a feeling of I could do that! It's just something that I would love to do. I also have experience of working in a surf shop for about 6 years on and off. Surely that could count for something ! I means that I have an idea of the surf companies that are around. 


This is another page of her work in the magazine! I love the photograph with illustration over the top of it, yet again makes me want to produce would like it ,...so bad! This a good feeling and I'm gunna try and not forget about it! I was kinda hoping that I could take a different inspiration direction when I move on to my next module, but I doubt I will. It's just what I love doing. It's what I love creating about.

No comments:

Post a Comment