Tuesday 10 December 2013

AD32 Project 1

For my first project of AD32 I have decided that I want to make a Zine, I've always wanted to make one and this is my opportunity to make a Zine but creating my own theme. I've been drawing these little people and I've really wanted to do something with them. But when I pitched the idea to my tutors they suggested at I didn't have a strong enough theme. Unlike the Zine I had been studying my Lize Meddings 'Girls and the World' I just wanted to use my illustrations. So I started to think about what theme I could use. Then I thought what theme have I been using throughout the entire year? I've Ben completely inspired by the sea. So I've decided to do girls and the sea. I was going through different names: Animalistic, Animal girls, Girls by the sea, Ocean girls, then I thought about the play on words 'seagals' and I've been debating it and will let it sit in my mind for a bit. But I quiet like it. 

Originally I really wanted to do a comic stripe kinda Zine, as I loved some of Lize Meddings comics! and I really want to give it a crack, as composition in a small space was my weakness and I wanted to push myself. But after talking to my tutors they said that I should just do a set of images that relate to one particular theme. Seagals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment