Sunday 11 May 2014

The Queens Monastery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndNJGlBNRUY

I wanted to go back to traditional animation, creating my frames outside of flash using a traditional technique, and my strong traditional technique would be watercolour, so I researched this, and the animation came up, in this animation I learnt again how important sound is to creating emotion and aiding movement.
The Queen's Monastery (Water Colour Animation)
Conceived, animated and directed by Emma Calder. Music by Leos Janacek.
I loved the movement that was created by the use of the watercolour, it was beautiful. So I took the frames that I had  created in flash for my walk cycle which helped me plan out my traditional frames, and basically worked the same way on a lightbox as I did in flash. Layering up the roughs until I reached the final frame. I quite liked the result, but I found that it was not the quickest, nor easiest way to animate, you had no control over the frames once they had been scanned in. so if they were slightly wrong you couldn't change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment