Thursday 15 May 2014

Pin the Limb

I decided to create a little character that could be cut out and used to create a simple stop motion animation. So it's an interactive illustration. It was a quick idea that I had, so I quickly whipped together a version of Pete in illustrator with some text which I'm not particular happy with, but it contains simple instructions on how to cut out and put together Pete and his limbs. 

I wanted it to look quite fun and the main audience is for children. I got it printed on quite thick card, and if I was to recreate this I would have it on thinner card to make the whole process easier, I even found it hard to cut out the limbs and because some bits are a bit more detailed cutting out with sissors was almost impossible. I needed an adult supervising! And I'd printed my test on a4 but the actually print I would sell is on a5 which would make peters limbs even harder to cut out by a child, it would have to be an older more confident child.


Sometimes  I had to use a scalpel! Especially when making holes to pin he pins in the limbs. So next time I would print it on thinner card and maybe put a back board behind he print when I put it in hue plastic cover so it keeps the print straight. And I would print it a4 AND I would re do the lettering and maybe re think the wording.


Over all pretty happy with this chappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment