Wednesday 12 October 2011

Blue Moon Mountain, Top Trump Research

When thinking about my top trump research i firstTomislav Tomic started looking at surf illustrations, but then remembered that it would be perfect if I looked at my favourite childhood book, and the illustrators that went with it.
The book, Blue Moon Mountain is a beautifully illustrated book about a girl who finds a blue path that only appears every blue moon and leads up to the blue mountain where she finds mythical creatures. She meets this unicorn who flies her home.
The illustrations are beautiful and I have treasured them ever since I can remember.
The two illustrators that crafted the illustrations are Nicki Palin and Tomislav Tomic. Looking into other work by Tomislav Tomic I fell in love with his work. He uses pen and ink drawings and engravings.

Some of his clients include ;

Macmillan Children's Books
Museum of London
Oxford University Press
Puffin
Royal mail
Templar Publishing




 
MYTHICAL BEAST STAMPS
Commissioned by Royal Mail.
http://www.arenaillustration.com/Artists/imageTomislavTomic-17.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment